Monday, May 14, 2012

momma's weekend

First things first - thank you for all the encouraging words on my previous post... but, after reading the bff's post, I realized I should be (even more) grateful that I have amazing friends, siblings, and cousins that allow me to "mother" my little nieces and nephews.  Thank you for letting me mother and smother them!

To celebrate our amazing momma, we hung out with her all day Saturday and Sunday. It was pretty tiring but I haven't seen my momma that happy in a while, and in the end that's all that matters.

Most of Saturday was spent in the momma's garden, bbq-ing and s'moring.  Here are some instagram shots from my lil & big sis.

photo (12)
We decided to arrange our own vase with flowers from the local wholesale florist.

photo (9)


photo (13)
Best s'mores ever. EVER.

Sunday was a busy day too!  Per my momma's request, lil sister and I went to church with her, where John picked me up (he had to work), then off we went to eat lunch with my MIL and John's family. Then back to my momma's house, so we could go to dinner w/ the big sis and bro-in-law at Mastros.

photo (5)



Photo1


Photo2


photo (11)
My cute momma, the most delish butter cake, and my mouth watering pork chop.

My mom is an amazing, strong, stubborn, loving, smart, motivated, caring, hilarious person. You will not meet anyone like her.  She's bossy as heck and likes things done her way, but that's her charm. I really think she should have her own reality show because, seriously, there is no one like her! 

Mom,
Thanks for being your crazy self. You are amazing. I love you and can't thank you enough for all you do for me (and our family). And to close, I'll quote my favorite poet, Tupac, for you - "... there's no way I can pay you back but my plan is to show you that I understand. You are appreciated."

Too bad she doesn't read my blog...

1 comment:

  1. 1. love your backyard.
    2. love your red lips.
    3. umma's are THE best.

    ReplyDelete