Tuesday, July 2, 2013

chi town

After 2 days in the 'burbs, John and I said goodbye to his family and headed into the city.  We didn't have much time to explore and our only agenda was to eat the best food possible.  There were specifically four places we wanted to try and all the places had giant "CLOSED" signs on the door. We totally forgot it was Memorial Day weekend!

With some recommendations from friends and the older sis, we found some good places to eat.

picstitch photo 3(1) photo 4
We stuffed our face at The Purple Pig and then 2 hours later we ended up eating a "snack" at Quartino.

The last time I was in Chicago was when my friend Han and I flew out to visit our friend Ellen.  She showed us around and we visited all the tourist spots and even got screamed at by security for trespassing to see the Michael Jordan statue after hours. Good times.

That was over 10 years ago so Millennium Park didn't even exist back then!  We didn't have much time in Chicago, but I knew I had to see "The Bean" in person! It wasn't a far walk from our hotel so before our flight out, we hustled over, got a few pictures and we were off to head back to Cali.

DSC_1234
DSC_1235
DSC_1241
DSC_1246
DSC_1249

My Johnny HATES taking pictures.  He is the king of photobombing but he does not like the pictures where he has to smile and be normal. You'll usually hear me yell "be normal" before we take pictures and it usually takes a few shots because he doesn't listen (like here)! But that day, the stars aligned and he was being just a good sport!  He let me set up the gorillapod and waited patiently as I prepared the perfect angle. 

Thanks for being a good sport, bubz.  Now only if you could be normal all the time :) ... <3

Our trip was too short and we didn't get to see and eat everything we wanted in the 1.5 days we were there! I guess that means we gotta go back! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment