Thursday, November 17, 2011

lil sister's nurse/slave

HELLO! Yes. I am still alive. It's been a crazy couple of days and I've been major M.I.A. from the blog world.

I had an amazing birthday with celebrations starting at work with amazing coworkers, awesome kids, and then a nice sweet dinner with the hubby. Turning 29 ain't so bad after all!

The day I was supposed to celebrate with my family, my lil sister got in a major car accident. So since then, my entire family has been pretty busy being her slave. My family tries to take shifts so she isn't home alone and my shifts usually happen after work.

But in the case of yesterday, it started at the butt crack of dawn with a phone call at 6 AM from the sister asking for help to go to the bathroom. That's pretty normal, right? Unless you don't live in the same house! I had to just roll out of bed, drive a mile to my parents' house, half asleep, and help her out of bed for a quick trip to the bathroom. I felt like an on-call nurse!

Please keep my sister in your prayers as she has suffered a fracture in her sternum, a broken elbow, and now we find out, a perforated ear drum. Pray that I don't strangle her as she's now abusing my niceness by asking me to do her homework and paint her nails. Great.

Photo on 2011-11-17 at 17.26

John was nice enough to lend her his flannel. What a nice hubby. :)

3 comments:

  1. oh no! praying your sister feels better and you survive the on-call nursing. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang. all that from one accident?!! glad jenny is okay! and glad you live only one mile away from her!

    ReplyDelete