Monday, February 13, 2012

i wanna dance!

I was so sad to hear about the death of Whitney Houston. I'm sure it was shocking to many people, but I seriously couldn't believe it. I was sitting in bed, reading yahoo news, in total shock when the bff called to ask if I was okay. She totally knows me.

My ultimate favorite song is "I Wanna Dance With Somebody". That songs makes me wanna get up and dance! Last year, while doing some antique shopping up north, I found an old Whitney vinyl with that song on it for $1.99! What a deal! I didn't have a record player, so I gave it to the lil sis. John knew how much I wanted it, and how much I loved the song, so this Christmas he surprised me with a portable record player and the exact same Whitney vinyl! Oh man! Since then, that record has been on re-play a gazillion times in our house. It's so much more fun having Whitney on replay on vinyl than on my itunes! I blast her music when I'm cooking, when I'm cleaning, when I'm putting make-up on in the morning... all day long. John always has to tell me to turn it down and I'm convinced that my neighbors probably hate me.

IMG_5071

I also like to joke and say that thanks to Whitney Houston and her song writing crew, I got accepted into the credential program. I'm sure you all know the famous line from one of her songs, "I believe the children are the future, teach them well and let them lead the way." Well, I used that in my personal statement when I was applying for the credential program! HA! So cheesy! But whatevs, I got accepted!

While the radio stations replay all her loves songs like "Greatest Love Of All" and "I Will Always Love You", "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" is blasting in my house!


3 comments:

  1. totally want her record now too! i wanted to watch the bodyguard today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that song makes me smile and makes me think of my cousin. my cousin also LOVES "i wanna dance with somebody!" it's her go-to song whenever there's a karaoke machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I came through to your blog from cakies. Yeah, I was sad to hear the death of Whitney Houston. Loventhat song too!

    ReplyDelete