Thursday, December 13, 2012

merry nerdy christmas


I am super indecisive about everything. Everything! So when it came to getting a Christmas tree, I couldn't decide if I wanted a traditional green tree, or a funky and fun white tree, or our tiny Charlie Brown tree again.  I even had a little survey going on with my facebook friends! Most people voted for the green tree, and the bff was pushing for a white tree! 

I couldn't decide, so I did what any normal person would do when they can't decide... Go onto pinterest and scroll through a gazillion different trees!  As I was scrolling I came across the book tree. The little sis sent me another picture of a book tree, and John was lovin' the idea of bustin' out all his books, so I knew it was meant to be. ;)

DSC_0337-pola


John and I put the "tree" together pretty quickly and I wrapped it in pretty lights. It isn't very big, and not very traditional, but I love it. It's very us. We are big time book nerds! Nothing else in my house is decorated and this is the only corner with any fun holiday decorations. But this one little corner is better than nothing, right?

DSC_0344-pola

The box set of C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia is not looking to festive... I'm in desperate need of a "tree" topper!  Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. get a real tree! but that is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! but the books I gave John better not be in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete