Friday, August 5, 2011

cheers to the kogas!

In the last year and a half that John and I have been married, we have been to 9 weddings. Whole lotta love around us! A few weekends ago we were lucky enough to witness Kevin and Sherryl become one. We had to drive on the notorious PCH in mad traffic for miles on end, but when we saw the view ,we both looked at each other and said, "Totally worth it!" (Oh, and of course, totally worth it to see Kevin - or as I call him, Big Bro Koga - get married, too!)

Now that I'm married, weddings are a reminder of my life-time commitment to Johnny, because of this, I just love weddings! I hold hubz' hand a little tighter, pull up a little closer to him, and thank God for blessing me with an amazing husband.

The Koga wedding was absolutely breathtaking. It showed their love for Christ, their families, and each other. I was tearing up the entire ceremony, and let me just say, I didn't even cry at my own wedding!

IMG_3426

IMG_3430
Multi-functional program. Know the order of the ceremony, have fun doing the crossword puzzle about the couple, provide some shade for yourself, and fan yourself for a nice cooldown. So awesome. So awesome.

IMG_3436
By this time, I was really regretting that I didn't pack tissues in my purse!

IMG_3441

IMG_3440

IMG_3448

Picnik collage

IMG_3459

This wedding was seriously amazing. So creative and DIY and just bombizzle all the way around. Of course, I expected nothing less from a couple where the groom loves HGTV and is the most creative, craftiest man I know! I looked at John and said "Let's get married again!" about a 100 times throughout the night!

IMG_3466
Our district rocks! I'm blessed to have amazing teachers and staff members around me.

IMG_3470
My first time trying Korean burritos! yummmm! Do you see the "Kimchi" at the bottom of our order? Ha! We're so Korean.
IMG_3475
The couple chillin' in the ice cream sandwich truck. So cute!

IMG_3473
Yes. Fries. Drool.

IMG_3479

IMG_3482
My dessert on the left, John's on the right. My double scoop > John's lame black coffee.

I met Kevin my first year of teaching several years ago. He's an amazing teacher and watching him teach and seeing his classroom makes me want to be a better teacher. He's looked out for me since day 1 and I can't thank God enough for blessing me with an awesome big bro!

Cheers to Kevin & Sherryl Koga!

1 comment: