Wednesday, December 7, 2011

christmas in room 37

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in my classroom! The fun Christmas art is in full effect and it will continue on through next week. I don't know who's more excited, me or the kids!

For my birthday, I got another Charlie Brown Christmas tree from my dear friend, Ellen. She gave me permission to put it up in my classroom, and seriously, the kids went wild! It was probably because I hyped it up, BIG TIME, but seriously, when I showed them it was a special music playing one, it was game over. The were so excited to have it up in the classroom. I went into full 5 minute rant about how to take care of it, and "to be mindful of our own personal space so we don't knock it over", and only "look with our eyes". Blah, blah, blah. I probably sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher, "wah, wah, wah, wah, wah".

2 hours into our day and I hear a thud and the gasp of half the class. Some little stinker had knocked over the tree and broke the ONE ornament. I should have known... What was I thinking! Of course it would be broken if I didn't put it on a high shelf in the corner of the room where no one could see it. But what fun is that?!

It worked out in the end because I had to think of a quick activity for a sub to do and now we have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree with cute lil ornaments made by first graders. It makes their Readers Workshop book bins look so much more festive!

IMG_4533


On that note, would you care to give and help out my first grade class? My project has only 30 more days to be funded! From now until the 12th, any donation that is given will be matched DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR! Can you spare to donate a few dollars, maybe more?! Click HERE to see my project and enter the special code, SPARK, in the payment step to have your donation matched. Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment