Monday, July 25, 2011

sunday brunchin' + saturday servin'

The past few Sundays, John and I have been attending the services at Pacific Crossroads Church with my sis and bro-in-law. After service, they took us to their favorite brunch spot. And oh my gosh, I love this place!

IMG_3288

IMG_3276
I spy creepy seester in the back.

IMG_3272


IMG_3275

Picnik collage
Can you tell we like eggs?! I don't usually like veggies, and I have no idea what came over me but I ordered the asparagus hash. I loved it! But, no surprise, after finishing the entire bowl I was still hungry.

IMG_3277

IMG_3278
Coconut macaroons. I. Die. So. Good. I was supposed to split mine with Johnny, but he only got a nibble. I straight up told him, "I don't want to share with you."

What was the most exciting thing about our Sunday brunch? Not eating with my sis and bro (kidding), but it was seeing Johnny super star struck! Can you guess who that is from the back of his head?! (The large orange arrow is pointing right at him!)

IMG_3282
It's James Worthy! Are you thinking, "Huh, who?" That's exactly what I said. Whatevs. The hubz was totally excited. But was too chicken to get his autograph and get a picture with him. But I guess it was better that he didn't, considering he was having brunch with his wife.

Saturday, John and I will be joining churches all around Los Angeles for a day to "Serve the City". We signed up for project #2, to help paint, clean and plant at homes and schools in Compton, our neighbor city. More volunteers are needed, so come join us! And don't let the name "Compton" scare you from helping! You can click here and sign up! Come on, you know you want to!


2 comments:

  1. that picture was so nonchalant good for you! :)

    And that place looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little cafe..the egg breakfast looks picture perfect..and all those delicious pastries are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete