Thursday, November 3, 2011

time to get down and thirty

Guess who's turning 30 today?! My bff! I love her to death and I don't know what I would do without her. She encourages me, cheers me up with random texts of the girls, prays for me, rebukes me, continually reminds me of the good news, and always listens to my craziness.

Her creativity inspires me, her mothering skillz (yes, I spelled it with a "z" - what, I'm a gangster... you didn't know?) makes me want to be a mom, and her style makes me want to be daring with my clothes. She is an amazing, amazing, amazing, AMAZING, friend. Every gal needs a friend like her.

Now it's time for some pictures!!!! I apologize for the small pictures. Digging up old pictures was not easy and this is the best I could do.

scarves
In college, Ruby learned to crochet and I learned to knit. This is us with our first scarves. Man, we look tan and young!

2babies

This was taken when she only had 2 babies! Look how miniature True and Brave were!

r&b wedding

The day that Ruby got married.


4520179802_b868cc8697_o

The day I got married. We're big cry babies! (taken by Ruby's mini-me, RJ)

john mayer

And last, but not least, my favorite picture of us! When Ruby and I went to study abroad in London, we met John Mayer! Look at how huge our smiles are. Can you tell we were SUPER excited?! When I couldn't purchase the concert tickets via ticketmaster and I was sooo bummed, I convinced Ruby to go hang out by the "side door" before the concert. LO AND BEHOLD, Mr. Mayer himself, opens the door and invites us in to hang out in the VIP lounge.

Happy 30th! Love you, my Asian sistah!

1 comment:

  1. omg! we look so young!!! love you and your turn is next, but your 30 is still one year away!

    ReplyDelete